Saturday, December 21, 2013

Query Me, Maybe

Who likes parodies? I do. I made up this one for a writing agent to be sung to the tune of Call Me, Maybe.



Another ms in the trash

Damn straight, hope it turns to ash

Another click, as it burns

And now you’re on my screen

 

I’d trade my soul for that book

Pennies and dimes for a look

I wasn’t expecting this

But now you’ve caught my eye

Your pitch was quirky

Funny plot, talent was showing

Hot hunk, face was glowing

Where is this story going?

 

Hey, I just read it, and this is crazy

But here’s my email, query me maybe

It’s hard to think right, with this baby

But here’s my email, query me maybe

 

(Repeat chorus)

 

You took your time to reply

I took no time eating pie

It finally came with a sigh, but still it’s got to be read

I giggle and chuckle and snort

You’ve I’ve decided to court

I didn’t know I would find it, but it’ll be a best seller

 

(Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment