Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Presents for the Writer in Your Life


Seven presents every writer can appreciate, found at Office Max.

1.       Business Cards

Get 250 full color cards for under $25 in store with downloadable coupon from their website.

 


2.       Printer

Good printers range from $150 to $300. I’d suggest one which doesn’t drain the color ink cartridge when you print in strictly black-and-white. (Not Kodak printers). Also, look for one where the reviews say fast printing. Most writers print their “ms” at the last minute as they are running out the door to their critique circles. No one wants to wait 30 minutes for printing to finish. And you should take note that a wireless printer still needs to be hooked up directly to your computer unless you have WiFi in your home.

My suggestion: The Brother MFC7860DW Compact Laser All-in-One with Wireless Networking and Duplex $200.00, get a $30 discount if you order online
 
 

3.       Computer

I have a Toshiba Netbook. It is light, silvery, and sleek. It fits in my purse and it has wifi. However, if you are looking for something for a little bigger and something that has a CD drive, I suggest this Toshiba Satellite. $300

4.       Planner

Call me old fashion and blame it on the fact that I do not have an iphone.  But I love planners. Planners, that like my computer, can fit in my purse.

 

Love the contemporary design of this Franklin Covey Planner. $32.50 with store coupon.

 

5.       Stapler

$4.00 for a sleek stapler. You have to keep those submissions in order!

 


6.       Adobe Dreamwear Software $300

It’s Downloadable Even!

 

I realize there are free website builders, and yes, I use them. But, it I had the money…this software would be ideal for a writer to create an incredible, professional looking webpage.
 
7. Paper
I like the multi-use copy paper, personally.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment